- Airbnb has debuted a new extension of its growing business in providing travel experiences in addition to temporary housing.
- Called Airbnb Adventures, it’s effectively a collection of short tours and trips lasting between three days and a week that go beyond the usual city walking tour.
- To source these “adventures,” Airbnb is working with local experts and tour companies, and doing so directly rather than working with larger tour providers that can be a one-to-many connection for sourcing like it does with some of its more vanilla Experiences.
- The direct route is probably necessary for these types of experiences, which have more implications in terms of liability and insurance.
- The company is also working with a third-party for verifying the certifications that are often required to provide these kinds of activities safely.
Video credit: Airbnb