- Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Huawei, has started showing ads for hotel reservation website, Booking.com, on the lock screens of their phones.
- According to Android Police, the P30 Pro, P20 Pro, P20, P20 Lite, and Honor 10 in the UK, Netherlands, Ireland, South Africa, Norway, and Germany have been affected.
- 9to5Google adds that Huawei seems to have included advertising wallpapers into the default “Magazine Unlock” folder on users’ devices, which means anyone not changing their default wallpapers will see them.
- Deleting the backgrounds from the phone, or changing to a non-default image, will get rid of the ads.
- The company has declined to say how this issue occurred, instead they have reported that they have taken down these lock-screen images from their servers and they should not be appearing on lock-screen interfaces anymore.
READING TIME: 1 min read
Submit a Story
Do you have a story to share? We will help you inspire, connect, and celebrate with our thoughtfully vibrant community. Click here to find out more!