- China’s largest online travel agency, Ctrip, announced on Friday that it has integrated 10 ride-hailing services across the world into its own app to offer various mobility services such as private ride booking or a chartered van renting across 785 cities.
- Lyft and Grab, startups that offer ride-hailing service in the United States and Southeast Asia respectively, are linked up with Ctrip.
- Ctrip also partners with Cabify, which covers Portugual, Spain, Mexico and other South American countries and ties with Careem, which operates in West Asia and North Africa.
- Gett, which covers Great Britain, Russia and Israel, is also connected through Ctrip’s app now.
- Other partners include Liftago, which covers Czech and Slovakia, Germany’s Taxi Deutschland and Bolt, Belgium’s Taxis Verts, and the Netherland’s TCA.
- As Ctrip’s app is mainly catered for the Chinese market, this move is also mainly to facilitate Chinese tourists who travel overseas.
- Ctrip also provides online translation to help its users communicate with local drivers and also enables payment in RMB, according to the press release.
- Last year, Ctrip teamed with ride-hailing aggregator, Splyt, which allies with all these 10 platforms, to offer pick-up and drop-off services, on Trip.com, the Chinese online travel agency’s Asia Pacific brand.
- Now, its Chinese app offers more options for mobility via this ride-hailing integration and provide its users with more convenience.
READING TIME: < 1 min read
Submit a Story
Do you have a story to share? We will help you inspire, connect, and celebrate with our thoughtfully vibrant community. Click here to find out more!