- China’s largest online travel agency, Ctrip, has teamed up with a local taxi and shuttle bus operator in Japan to offer ride-hailing services in Japan.
- Starting August, Chinese travelers to Japan can now hail a taxi via Ctrip’s Chinese app after landing in Sapporo, Okinawa and Osaka.
- Tourists to other cities in the country can expect such services later.
- This is another move by Ctrip to tap into the overseas ride-hailing market, following its recent partnerships with ten ride-hailing apps worldwide to offer services in 785 cities.
- Japan was the second largest overseas destination for Chinese outbound tourists in 2018, when more than 8 million Chinese traveled there.
- Didi Chuxing, China’s largest ride-hailing platform, has already been offering ride-hailing services in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hyōgo, Hokkaido and Sapporo via a joint venture with SoftBank.
READING TIME: 1 min read
Submit a Story
Do you have a story to share? We will help you inspire, connect, and celebrate with our thoughtfully vibrant community. Click here to find out more!