- Facebook is changing the aspect ratios of photos and videos shown in the news feed on mobile devices.
- In addition, Facebook is also limiting the amount of text shown in a mobile news feed post.
- Aspect ratios for photos and video: Facebook is reducing the maximum media height for photos and videos from a 2:3 aspect ratio to 4:5 on mobile News Feed.
- Media taller than 4:5 will be masked on Facebook’s mobile News Feed, which means users will have to tap on it to see it in full.
- Fewer lines of text: Less text will be shown in mobile news feed posts, dropping from 7 lines down to 3 lines of primary text.
- If the post contains more than 3 lines of text, users will be prompted to click to view additional text.
- Both of these changes are coming into effect on 19 August 2019. This gives marketers at least a few weeks to adjust to using shorter images and less primary text.
READING TIME: < 1 min read
Submit a Story
Do you have a story to share? We will help you inspire, connect, and celebrate with our thoughtfully vibrant community. Click here to find out more!