- Facebook is updating the kinds of information users can see about why they’re viewing a certain ad.
- The changes to Facebook’s “Why am I seeing this ad?” experience, announced Thursday in a blog post, includes more specific information about why a user is being targeted by an ad with interests and categories.
- Users will now also be able to see more information about the businesses uploading lists of their information, and the advertisers using those lists to target ads.
- The new features are introduced as Facebook continues to grapple with its privacy practices and how it uses personal data to display ads.
- For the first time, Facebook users will be able to see what third-party data brokers and agencies are providing data to Facebook to target personalized ads.
- On Facebook’s “Your ad preferences” page, users can browse this information, choose ad settings (like turning off ads based on data from outside advertisers and other companies) and hide certain ad topics.
READING TIME: 1 min read
Submit a Story
Do you have a story to share? We will help you inspire, connect, and celebrate with our thoughtfully vibrant community. Click here to find out more!