Indonesian pre-seed accelerator, Skala, has opened up for its second batch of applications, following the graduation of its first cohort earlier this year.
As Indonesia’s first metrics-driven and growth-focused pre-seed program, Skala invested an initial capital of US$30,000 for 5% equity in each of its Batch 1’s six alumni startups, which were carefully selected from more than 400 applications. These startups are:
- Atenda, an app that helps companies to manage employees and do administrative work
- Callista, an online platform that offers skin analysis and skincare product recommendations
- Noompang, a ride-sharing community
- NusaTalent, a job search platform that caters to fresh graduates
- Magalarva, a producer of sustainable protein for animal feed
- Storial, a platform that allows its users to write, share, and monetize stories
For the second cohort, Skala will choose up to 15 startups through their rigorous selection process, offering US$50,000 in exchange for 8% equity. The accelerator will focus on tech startups with founding teams that have strong domain expertise as well as a deep understanding of the Indonesian market.
Applications for the 20-week program will be opened until 9 August 2019, which the program aims to begin on 9 September 2019.