- Splunk, the publicly traded data processing and analytics company, today announced that it has acquired SignalFx for a total price of about US$1.05 billion.
- Approximately 60% of this will be in cash and 40% in Splunk common stock.
- The companies expect the acquisition to close in the second half of 2020.
- SignalFx, which emerged from stealth in 2015, provides real-time cloud monitoring solutions, predictive analytics and more.
- Upon close, Splunk argues, this acquisition will allow it to become a leader “in observability and APM for organizations at every stage of their cloud journey, from cloud-native apps to homegrown on-premises applications.”
- Indeed, the acquisition will likely make Splunk a far stronger player in the cloud space as it expands its support for cloud-native applications and the modern infrastructures and architectures those rely on.
READING TIME: < 1 min read
Submit a Story
Do you have a story to share? We will help you inspire, connect, and celebrate with our thoughtfully vibrant community. Click here to find out more!