- Google Maps is piloting a new feature which sees its Local Guides providing recommendations to users.
- Users in select cities will see local recommendations will appear in the ‘For You’ tab.
- Local Guides are regular people who avidly contribute reviews, photos, and other information to Google Maps.
- There are now over 100 millions Local Guides across tens of thousands of cities.
- Local Guide recommendations are rolling out to the following cities:
- Mexico City
- New York
- San Francisco
- São Paulo
- If you happen to find a particular Local Guide to be especially helpful, you’ll be able to follow them similar to how you would follow users on social media platforms. Then, any time they share something new to Google Maps you’ll be among the first to see it.
- These pilot features will be available soon to the nine test cities listed above.
READING TIME: < 1 min read
Submit a Story
Do you have a story to share? We will help you inspire, connect, and celebrate with our thoughtfully vibrant community. Click here to find out more!