- At this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Alienware introduced something unexpected: Concept UFO, a handheld gaming PC that draws massive inspiration from Nintendo Switch.
- The unit even features detachable left and right pieces that can be connected to create a controller that happens to look like a UFO.
- Alienware isn’t revealing hardware specifics, discussing things like battery life, and won’t even comment on whether this prototype will become a real product.
- What Alienware is showing is a unique vision for where PC gaming could go.
- Just picture being able to play some of your favorite PC games on a device like this.
- The prototype runs Windows 10, weighs roughly two pounds, and features an eight-inch 1200p display.
- The controllers connect to it through magnetic strips.
- The screen is equipped with a back-mounted kickstand that can be extended when the controller is removed.
- USB-C ports on the unit can be used for a variety of things, including connecting a keyboard and mouse.
- CES participants can head to Alienware’s booth to test out Rocket League, F1 2019, and Mortal Kombat 11 on this exciting prototype.
READING TIME: < 1 min read
Submit a Story
Do you have a story to share? We will help you inspire, connect, and celebrate with our thoughtfully vibrant community. Click here to find out more!