- China’s largest online travel agency, Ctrip, has teamed up with a local taxi and shuttle bus operator in Japan to offer ride-hailing services in Japan.
- Starting August, Chinese travelers to Japan can now hail a taxi via Ctrip’s Chinese app after landing in Sapporo, Okinawa and Osaka.
- Tourists to other cities in the country can expect such services later.
- This is another move by Ctrip to tap into the overseas ride-hailing market, following its recent partnerships with ten ride-hailing apps worldwide to offer services in 785 cities.
- Japan was the second largest overseas destination for Chinese outbound tourists in 2018, when more than 8 million Chinese traveled there.
- Didi Chuxing, China’s largest ride-hailing platform, has already been offering ride-hailing services in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hyōgo, Hokkaido and Sapporo via a joint venture with SoftBank.
When you’ve spent an immense amount of time developing what you feel like is an amazing app, but…
Businesses looking for investors should be as careful about who the investors are, and as the investors are…