Linksys today announced the global launch of Linksys’ first WiFi 6 EasyMesh router, the E9450 (AX5400). Singtel is the first operator in the world to offer the new Linksys WiFi 6 router as it continues to bring next-generation WiFi connectivity to more Singtel fibre broadband customers in Singapore.
The WiFi 6 standard enables customers to enjoy faster data transfers, increased capacity, better connectivity performance in environments with many connected devices, and improved power efficiency. As the latest WiFi 6 solution for consumers’ increasingly demanding wireless connectivity needs, the E9450 router will be exclusively available to Singtel fibre broadband customers for two months starting from 10 October 2020.
The WiFi 6 Mesh router for consumers who want to optimize their home WiFi experience and coverage
The new E9450 Dual Band WiFi 6 router is Linksys’s latest advanced model under its updated E-series, launched in September 2020. Enhanced with the latest OFDMA and MU-MIMO in WiFi 6 technology, the router will easily adapt to users’ WiFi needs so that devices will always have a full-strength signal for uninterrupted gaming, streaming and smart home device support.
The E9450 router is also backward compatible so that users can experience the fastest speeds with all existing WiFi enabled devices from smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart home devices and more.
The new E9450 router will offer users faster speed and wider coverage than the standard WiFi 5 routers.
The router targets users who need more capacity with the capability to cover up to 2,500 square feet at speeds up to 5.4 Gbps. The router can also support up to 40 devices, all competing for the same bandwidth, without any interference for continuous 8K video streaming, social media, and uninterrupted use of heavy apps.
Users will also be the first to experience E9450’s EasyMesh system – the latest connection technology that was built from the ground up. The new technology allows users to future-proof and expand their home network by adding more nodes to the network.
Additional features for E9450 Dual Band WiFi 6 router:
- OFDMA: You’ll also always have a more efficient WiFi experience with OFDMA that enables more data to and from your devices in a more streamlined manner.
- Target Wake Time: You’ll even have 7X more battery life with Target Wake Time (TWT) that reduces network interference allowing your devices to remain in sleep mode longer
- 1.5 GHz high-performance tri-core CPU: The E9450 has a powerful 1.5 GHz tri-core processor that supports multiple, simultaneous activities across all wired and wireless interfaces. This gives the router the speed and brainpower it needs to process all of your activities quickly, up to 5.4 Gbps
- 160MHz channel support: Enjoy over 1Gbps WiFi speeds for blazing-fast streaming and downloading to client devices that support 160MHz bandwidth
- 4×4 MU-MIMO: 4×4 WiFi 5GHz radios with Downlink/Uplink MU-MIMO allows downloads and uploads on 4 devices simultaneously (good for upload-heavy uses like uploading photos, social media, live streaming or vlogging, online games, etc.)
- Simple and user-friendly browser-based setup: Easy setup with browserbased installation and you can install router using an iPad, tablet, smartphone, PC, or laptop. No need to download the app and the on-screen instructions will guide you the rest of the way no CD makes router installation easy using an iPad, tablet, smartphone, or computer
Pricing & Availability
The E9450 WiFi 6 router retails at S$399.
At launch, it will be available at the special introductory price of S$10.00/mth to the first 100 Singtel customers to sign up for or re-contract Singtel Fibre 1Gbps at S$39.90/mth (U.P. S$49.90/mth). Subsequently, customers can purchase the E9450 at S$14.00/mth (U.P. S$16.00/mth) with Singtel fibre plans. The Linksys E9450 will roll out to the rest of the channel from 10 December 2020.