- Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Huawei, has started showing ads for hotel reservation website, Booking.com, on the lock screens of their phones.
- According to Android Police, the P30 Pro, P20 Pro, P20, P20 Lite, and Honor 10 in the UK, Netherlands, Ireland, South Africa, Norway, and Germany have been affected.
- 9to5Google adds that Huawei seems to have included advertising wallpapers into the default “Magazine Unlock” folder on users’ devices, which means anyone not changing their default wallpapers will see them.
- Deleting the backgrounds from the phone, or changing to a non-default image, will get rid of the ads.
- The company has declined to say how this issue occurred, instead they have reported that they have taken down these lock-screen images from their servers and they should not be appearing on lock-screen interfaces anymore.
Page builders now make it possible to create a professional WordPress site cheaply and easily
The right content management system is a key piece of the business puzzle
Upon arrival, a guest’s first impression is created as they step through your hotel door and interact with…
Social media used to be a virtual hub solely for documenting our personal lives and connecting with our…